Hire Teams, Not People (Keynote)
Factoring the Power of “Team” When Hiring, Leading, or Separating from Team Members…
It’s a battle.
In today’s tough employment market, it seems you’ve just managed to get one person hired, when another leaves. You’re struggling to find the best talent, but simultaneously fending off other employees who seek to steel your greatest asset – your team members.
In this fun, interactive program, you’ll learn:
- How to fill individual positions with a focus on team output
- The mostly invisible, but devastatingly high cost of staff turnover
- Maximize the value of differences in your team to create more creative and effective solutions
Leveraging these skills, you’ll hire new members and lead the team in a manner that builds cohesion, and creates the strong employer brand that makes you a hero to your team and the kind of employer recruits can’t wait to go to work for and remain a part of.
The Four I’s… (Keynote)
How Will *I* Be a Better Leader Today?
Leadership has so many parts to it – far to many to be covered in the space of a single keynote. Ah, but focus on a few, make them memorable, and you get one of the three I’s: IMPACT
In this mix of fun and seriousness program, Rob explores three key items for leadership that all share a memorable first letter:
- Influence. As legendary leadership author and speaker John C. Maxwell says, “Leadership is influence – nothing more, nothing less.” Understanding the power of influence is understanding the power of leadership.
- Impact. Small moments. Here Rob explores the importance of Individual choices. They often have tremendous impact. Perhaps even more stunning is how often that impact isn’t recognized until years later.
- Integrity. Integrity is the foundation of all quality relationships, and thus, inherently the foundation of all quality leadership. If someone can’t trust you, why should they follow you?
- Inspiration. Inspiration is the power to have others become self motivated to achieve a goal – to believe in what they previously did not believe in. in this portion of the program, listener’s will explore how to inspire others to achieve.
Using the mnemonic of a set of four of the same letter and meaningfully related stories, Rob helps imprint these key leadership ideas on the audience’s memory to help them find leadership improvements that last. He then finishes with a bonus “I” – asking themselves: “What can *I* do to be a better leader today?”.
The 15 Laws of Invaluable Growth
(90-120 minute keynote. Also available as a half or full day workshop)
Based on the last of John Maxwell’s 3 seminal “Laws” books, this program explores the key elements of and benefits derived from building a habit of personal growth. As the first law (the law of intentionality) states, “Growth doesn’t just happen. You must be intentional about it.”
In this program, attendees will learn such things as:
- How to build a pattern of intentional personal growth
- How constantly growing yourself also constantly grows your potential
- How the personal pain we experience can, through good management, lead to powerful personal growth.
This program can be customized to provide constructive, but limited coverage to each law, or to focus in on just a few laws that meet specific goals for your event.